THANK YOU FOR PRAYING – JOEL HAS A FAMILY!! :)
Update: June 2016 – Joel/Jacob is currently being hosted in the U.S.!
Joel is an 9-year-old boy who urgently needs a family! I’ve been thinking I would advocate for him after we got Levi home, but Joel shouldn’t have to wait any longer – let’s find his family now while he still has some childhood left to fill with wonderful memories!! Joel will be listed on this site until he is matched with a family.
Please see below for Joel’s most recent update as of June 2015 with some heartbreaking news… Joel was bullied at a public school because he was an orphan. The experience affected him deeply… He needs the love and support of a family so desperately!
Some history on Joel: Madison staff met Joel in 2014 and said this about him back then: Joel is a happy child. He has lived in the orphanage for several months and does not attend school. He can count to 3. He has not learned English. He likes to watch television and sing along with people on TV. . When he entered the orphanage they believed he had epilepsy, but he has never had a seizure. They also said he had hydrocephalus but even without any treatment, it appears to have cured itself. Joel can walk alone, go upstairs and downstairs holding the wall, and can put on pants and shoes by himself. Joel is quiet, gregarious, and very curious. He is very fond of playing toy cars with a friend and most interested in playing games with adults. He runs slower than other children and he is potty trained.
UPDATE JUNE 10, 2015 –
1.How is his mental ability compared to peers of same age? Behind
2. How does the SN affect his health?
3. Is he potty trained?
4. Please describe his personality in details: He is quiet.
5. Is he well behaved and obedient? Yes- he is well behaved and obedient
6. How are his gross motor skills? Can he walk, run, jump, walk upstairs and downstairs by himself? Can he kick a ball? Can he pick up a ball? Any limited functions? He has no limitations with his gross motor skills.
7 How are his fine motor skills? Can he draw, scribble on paper?Can he pick little things with fingers? He can draw and scribble. He has no limitations with his fine motor skills.
8. Is he in any kind of school? If so, what school? Can he catch up in school? He was in public school for a while but had to quit because of a school bully. Other kids kept beating him since he was from the orphanage. He could not keep up with school and was very afraid of school. Before school, he was very extroverted but his personality changed afterwards.
9. How is his emotional development? Is the child attached to anyone? Who is he close to? Does he care for other people? His emotional development is fine. He is close to all the other kids and can care for other people.
10.How are his social skills? Does he get well along with other children and adults? His social skills are fine. He gets along well with people.
11. Is he under foster care or living in the orphanage? If foster, when did he enter the foster home? How does he do there? Has it been the same foster home all the time?
He has always been in the orphanage.
12. How is the language ability of the child? What can he say?Can he speak one word, two words or sentences ? Can he express his needs well?Is his language ability same as peers of same age?
Language is normal.
13.Can the child follow directions of adults? One step, two steps, or three steps?
14. Anything else you think the family should know about the child?
He is a good child, but the experience of being bullied in school hurt him a lot. Updated measurements: Height 113.5 cm,weight 19 kg,head 54.5 cm,chest 55 cm, 25 teeth, foot 18 cm.
Joel has an account on Reece’s Rainbow: http://reecesrainbow.org/69760/joel
72 total views, 4 views today