This is one of our favorite soups – and a quick and easy way to use up a head of cauliflower.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed and cut in small-medium sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (from a can works in a pinch)
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- parsley and/or grated Parmesan for garnish
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a 4.5 quart stock pot over medium-high heat, melt butter and add olive oil. Add cauliflower and toss with spices and garlic; sprinkle with sea salt/pepper and saute until golden brown color appears.
- Add the chicken stock. Cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender.
- Add milk, Parmesan and cream cheese; stir well and heat through.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree all until smooth.
- Garnish as desired and serve. Serves 4-6.